New Braunfels | July 2023

TRANSPORTATION UPDATES City, TxDOT to submit transportation project bids for sidewalk, trac ow improvements to AAMPO

FUNDING PRIORITIES The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization has over $105 million in funding for transportation projects throughout the region. Transportation alternatives: $54.8 million

The city of New Braunfels and the Texas Department of Transportation are gearing up to submit projects to the Alamo Area Metropolitan Plan- ning Organization for federal funding for scal years 2025 through 2028. New Braunfels City Council received a presentation June 12 on the projects they are planning to sub- mit to the AAMPO, which focus on improving pedestrian transportation and reducing carbon emissions. The big picture: “The [AAMPO] is the transportation organization for our region that decides and controls some of the transportation funding that comes through the Federal High- way Administration,” said Garry Ford, transportation and capital improve- ments director for New Braunfels. Some of the projects the AAMPO is focused on funding with $54.8 million available for the region

to New Braunfels Street, are among the proposed projects. Constructing shared-use path connections and crosswalks at ve locations throughout the city are also projects being submitted, which include Alves Lane and Brook Ave- nue, Christus Santa Rosa Hospital, and County Line Road at FM 725. To adhere to the carbon reduction program, the city proposes making investments in tra”c signal timing and intersection improvements to Solms Road. TxDOT is submitting two local projects that were part of the 2017 IH 35 Operational Study, which evaluated interchanges from FM 1103 to the Comal-Hays county line for congestion reduction project funding on the state highway system. “Two of the biggest wish list items I hear from constituents are signal timing and lling those gaps in our

include transportation alternatives, such as bike and pedestrian projects. Carbon reduction projects are also being prioritized, which provide for tra”c •ow improvements with $51.8 million available. Projects must have a minimum $1 million construction cost for infra- structure improvements to be eligible for AAMPO funding according to city documents, which provides 80% of the construction costs, while sup- porting agencies cover the remaining 20%. Maintenance and rehabilitation projects are not eligible, according to the city. The gist: City sta— is recommending pedestrian improvements throughout the city and in Gruene. Shared-use paths and crosswalks at key intersec- tions, including on Gruene Road from Loop 337 to Ervendberg Avenue as well as on Hunter Road from FM 306

Bicycle and pedestrian projects

Capital, operational, transit programs

Congestion reduction

Carbon reduction projects: $51.8 million

Carbon reduction strategy

Tra‰c Šow improvements


bike-[pedestrian] improvements around town, and there’s two of those things that are on our wish list here,” New Braunfels Mayor Neal Linnartz said.

UP TO 25% OFF ALL SERVICES *mention this ad

Services Facials

Chemical Peels Micro-needling Filler Botox Kybella Platelet Rich Fibrin Undereye Rejuvenation Call 210-806-7262 to Schedule Your Free Consultation

Amy Garcia MD Alissa Hernandez MD Jennifer Welty MD Tiany Cress CPNP

LOCATED IN MY SALON SUITES 1928 TX-46 Unit 105 Open Tuesday-Friday by Appointment Only

Coming soon to New Braunfels July 2023 Well Visits, Sports Physicals, Same Day Sick Visits Insurances Accepted: Aetna, BCBS, Christus, Cigna, Humana, Oscar, Tricare Select, United Healthcare 705 Landa St Ste F, New Braunfels, Tx 78130 210-566-1533




Powered by